Focaccia with Datterini tomatoes and BasilBlog
19 October 2021
Focaccia is the traditional food of Italian culinary culture. Here you can find a professional recipe made with the collaboration of Konrad Jaworski, Bianchis Restaurant. He used 2 flours of our lines for professional pizza, Caprì 250 and Caprì Manitoba, with great success and taste.
Ingredients for the dough:
500 g of Caprì Manitoba
500 g of Caprì 250
750 g of water
25 g of sea salt
2 g fresh yeast
50 g of olive oil
Ingredients for the topping:
Red and yellow datterini tomatoes
Freshly picked basil leafs
- To start mix both flour to 650 g of water and cover for an hour to rest.
- Now add the yeast, the remaining 100 g of water, salt and oil, until gluten is strong and dough smooth. Leave covered for 45 minutes to relax.
- Make first strech and fold and cover for 45 minutes. Repeat the process 2 more times.
- Shape into 2 balls and transport to 40 cm diameter oiled trays and cover with cling film. Leave for another hour and then transport to fridge to ferment for 24 hours.
- Take both doughs out the fridge and dress with olive oil. Leave to rise until double in size, then stretch the dough and press in toppings. Dress with more olive oil and course sea salt on top.
- Bake after 30 minutes of rest in a hot bread oven at 250 degrees top and 250 degrees bottom for 20-25 minutes.